Sunday, May 19, 2013

Need.Bubble Bath.STAT

Team Phoenix
where to begin? This weekend has been nothing short of exhausting! I mean that in a good way. Well, maybe not so much right now, but tomorrow definitely. Tomorrow I will feel great about all of this! *crossing fingers* So as I mentioned before, this weekend I had both the DC Dragon Boat Race and the Warrior Dash. The Dragon Boat race was an all day event. We had 3 races to compete in at 250 meters. The first one we did TERRIBLE! i mean even I noticed how terrible we did. We were totally NOT in sync with each other, The 2nd race was MUCH better. Overall we got the silver medal for the day. Sunday(today) was the final race at 500 meters. I'm so upset I missed it, but I did get the update on the results and Team Phoenix placed GOLD! So exciting! I should be receiving my medals this week from another teammate. I'm so thankful to have been invited to join them. Even if just for a day. There will be another competition at the end of August at the National Harbor. They've already asked if I wanna compete with them... uh DUH! Of course I want to compete! It's only just one of the most fun sports I've done in a very long time. Even with the weather being as dark and gloomy as it was. Not even having to wear wet clothes all day bothered us. Everyone on the team was super friendly and easy to get along with. I can't wait to compete with them again soon! 
Mario and Luigi!

Fast forward a bit and we get to the famous Warrior Dash. Someone told me the Hero Rush was more intense and harder than the Warrior Dash. I beg to differ! Sure it's less miles, but I definitely like this one was more difficult. I also heard this year's Warrior Dash was harder than last year. I've been wanting to do this race for a couple years now. All just to have the viking hat. The hat alone is what sold me on the race once upon a time. Well, I can finally check it off the list! I realized today that I've improved a lot with hills. There were so many hills at the beginning. I'm not saying i ran through every single one in the race. I'm just saying I've improved! Let's not get crazy now! haha Another thing I learned is that I have terrible balance and a small fear of heights. This did not help me at all today. Nope. It definitely slowed me down and if it hadn't been for le BF, I would probably have some kind of broken bone or at least have a sprained ankle. I love that we did it together, though. It was a lot of fun. Very muddy, but about half way through we had some beautiful sunshine! I'm hoping they got some good action shots of us. We only took before and after pics. I wish we had taken some pics while we were covered in mud, but we pretty much just ran straight to the showers to clean off and head back to the little party going on. Our next race together is the Run For Your Lives Zombie Obstacle Race in October. I have a serious fear of chainsaws... should be interesting. I am proud of myself today, though. I wasn't sure how I would do with all the climbing, but I did alright! Now, i'm just ready for a nice bubble bath and a lot of sleep! Good weekend overall though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment