Friday, May 10, 2013

Fancy Feet!

#Go Fasters
So I've had the most wonderful time breaking in my new kicks! You gotta admit, they're pretty fresh *brushing off shoulders* and they totally make me run faster #GoFasters! So, I know these are very popular among runners and although I've been doing this running thing for a while now, these are my first real running shoes. My very own Nike Free Runs! I made some edits by changing up the laces, but i think it adds a nice touch. You gotta think outside the box.
I will say that actually running in my new gofasters was absolutely AMAZING! My feet felt so much lighter and beautiful! that's right... i said beautiful! My shirt might also have contributed to the runners high too. Every time i passed other runners or walkers they would wave and laugh. Of course It was my new "Move Your A$$" shirt. It's quickly becoming a favorite. I did however, experience minor discomfort as the inside of my foot kept rubbing against the inside of the shoe. After a few miles it becomes a bit of a problem. I'm thinking change up the socks i'm using now. Maybe loosen up the laces? Trial and error i guess. Hoping for a trial and WIN tomorrow morning since I have my Susan G Komen Global Race for the Cure event in DC. It's supposed to be raining all morning. Should be interesting... running in my new kicks, a tutu, beads, and headband, decked out in pink among hundreds of others doing the same. Seriously, what more could you ask for that early in the morning on a Saturday?! haha i don't care... I LOVE IT!! 
In other news, i was asked to join a paddle team participating in the DC Dragon Boat Race event next weekend. You know those cool boats that look like the Chinese dragons! I heard about this event a couple years ago, but forgot all about it. Until now. Apparently this team is down a few members and needed someone to step in. Can i just say that I am so very happy they thought to ask ME?! I've got ZERO experience in this, but you know I'm game for just about anything. I get to practice with them tomorrow for a few hours after my Susan G Komen race. So stay tuned for my weekend adventures recap!

No comments:

Post a Comment