Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ready... Set... GO!


Wasted Potential - Season 3

Earlier this week i had the luxury of joining my team again for another game. I love playing with them. It's our 3rd season together and win or lose it's always a great time. Sure i'm no Messi, but i can run the crap outa that field! I really need to work on my skills though. I was totally slacking that night except for about 2 whole minutes where i started doing tricks with the ball that I had no idea i was even capable of doing. All i heard was everyone cheering me on up until i lost the ball. If only i could remember what i did! haha whoops! Well, we definitely LOST that game 6-3, but it was great to see them all again. I had missed the last few games due to some things going on at home, but I gotta say... game nights are by far my favorite nights of the week! Though what I lack in skill, I make up for in baking cupcakes for the team! LOL Right there is a little collage of the team this year. Still missing some key players, but i'll just snap more pics next game :)




Lacing Up for Saturday

So there are only just a few days left till my first running for a cause event. I will be participating in the Susan G Komen Global Race for the Cure this weekend in DC. I'm super excited! Spent the last few months fundraising and recently hit up the co-workers at my office for money *crossing fingers that someone donates today* I think my greatest achievement for raising money was receiving a donation from a restaurant nearby. It was nice to have been able to get support from a local business, but we all know i'm really just excited to do some more running because really I just can't get enough. I also ruined my last pair of shoes this past weekend at the Hero Rush obstacle race, but it was time to retire them anyway. Finally got me a fresh pair of Nike Free Runs that I've been eyeing for a while now. Something about new gear... always pumps me up. It's addicting really. Every time I go shopping, I end up buying more workout gear and then i wonder why i never have anything nice to wear when i'm going out. haha oh well... I feel prettiest when i'm working out anyway. I only have a day or two to break these in before Saturdays run, though. This should be interesting... new shoes, in the rain, wearing a tutu among hundreds of other women. Seems legit!


No comments:

Post a Comment