Friday, August 30, 2013

Ass to Grass!!

IG: @sunshine_memoirs
Got a nice little treat today... they let us peasants out early from work for the holiday weekend. Le BFF came to get me to go with her to the gym. Since I took her hiking, she's been on me about hitting the gym with her. Well hey i'm not anti-gym so of course I was game to go. It had been a while since my little trip away. Before, when i went it was usually mornings or after work. This was early afternoon and there were BROS everywhere!! It's like someone told them we were coming... fine by me! haha I love hanging with the guys ;)
Anyway, it was pretty neat to pick up some weights and train with my bodybuilding BFF. A little different than the usual runs, hikes or even hitting the bag. Every workout is different, but always rewarding. Had some good times and learned how to take some swolfies! hahaha Bodybuilding to her is like running to me. We share the same passion for such different things, but we understand why each of us does what we do. Why we make the time to get it done. Why we push our bodies as much as we can to achieve what we once thought we never could. It's hard to put in words how important this is to us or why we're so passionate about it. Most people don't get it. It's more than just being healthy or trying to look good naked. It's much deeper than that. It's what drives us and motivates us to be the best that we can be. Not just physically, but mentally as well. 
Someone asked me today what my story was. Why i was so crazy about working out and training. That they could see it was more than something fun to do. They said it was obvious that it was much deeper than that and you know what... they couldn't be more right! I may not be able to control what happens around me or how people feel about me, but I can control how I feel and how I choose to react to life. I choose to be better and stronger than the person I was yesterday. Even if it means stumbling along the way a few times. Eventually I'll find my way... i always do. So as I always like to say... Keep Moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment