Thursday, August 29, 2013

Delicious Training

So i'm getting back into the swing of things after a 3 month break. I was able to get some cardio in during that time, but nothing close to how I used to train. I've always thought about how it would be like to run the trails near my job. Every time i sit outside for lunch I see plenty of people walking or going for a lunch run. It's really neat and I've always wanted to do it except for there are no showers in our building. So i just stuff my face and watch the active worker bees hit the pavement. Don't get me wrong, I still train. I just do it when i'm home or near a shower! It's all about the hygiene... smelling like sweat is frowned upon in my work establishment. I don't understand why they have to be so picky! smh haha anyway so this Delicious Training... i decided to sign up for a half marathon *GULP* i have just over a month to train since it's in mid October. I'm super nervous about it, but I know that I will at least finish...
Well, today I decided to hit the trails near my job after work. Let me tell you I don't think there were ANY straights! Hats off to the daily runners. I mean i have a lot of ups and down on the trails by my house, but these trails were more like hazards! They should come with warning signs for your ankles! ok ok you think i'm exaggerating. it's ok, though. I won't stop trying. I figure it's good to train on all types of trails. My joints might not agree, but hey no pain no gain, right? :) 
I'm loving all the runs and with it comes more shoes!! I am definitely shopping this weekend for some more. Need more free runs in my life. Aside from that... I finally tried the fruit in my water bit. I basically shoved a lot of pineapple in my water all day and let me tell you it was orgasmic! Quite tasty! I might have to keep doing this...

No comments:

Post a Comment