Monday, September 2, 2013

Team No Days Off

So this past weekend has been one for the books when it comes to training. Going harder on my weights giving it everything I got. By Sunday i was completely sore. I'm talking legs weak, arms sore, chest heavy and body in P.A.I.N. For some reason, running just seemed like a great idea! So how about seeing how I do on the 5+ mi loop i used to run... oh boy. Well, I have to say i'm really surprised i did it all in under an hour. I really thought it was going to take a lot longer. Not sure what's changed the most. my running or walking speeds! haha either way, i'm glad it was just under an hour. Means i'll be back to my old pace in no time. Hopefully sooner than later because this half marathon is coming up fast! I have a bout a month and some change to train for it. By the time I got back from my 5mi loop i fell to the ground and couldn't move. i think i laid there for about an hour. ok fine... half an hour. Point is, i could not move! Unfortunately for me, that was not an option. We had family over this weekend so i had to be up and about walking around. I also got tagged in this yoga challenge on IG by one of my BFFs. Basically they post a new yoga pose daily and you have to do it too. I gotta say, it took everything in me to get it done last night, but i did it! #soproud #teamnodaysoff hahaha well this week is not going to get any easier. Must keep training! It's also time to learn about these energy gels and the other joys of marathon training. Wish me luck... advice welcome!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment