Thursday, April 25, 2013

off track and onto a trail

I had spent some time earlier today thinking about the upcoming weeks with all the runs and obstacle races I had signed up for. Sounds like a lot of fun... sure hope it proves to be the same! Good thing is, for the most part, I have friends doing it with me. At least the obstacle races. The runs I don't mind doing on my own, but the obstacle races... pretty sure I will need someone to pick me up along the way! haha
This Saturday is my first 10k. Right now, I'm not worried about placing first, I just want to make sure I finish with enough energy and strength to last until the next day. Would love to get a hike in on Sunday. Guess we'll see...
Speaking of hiking! This evening was pretty wonderful! Took a little spur of the moment mini hike out to watch the sunset with a buddy of mine. Sometimes it's just nice to sit back and appreciate nature's beauty. Nice, peaceful way to do some reflecting. I could definitely use some tranquil reflecting with my upcoming schedule. Seems every weekend i have some kind of run and obstacle race to complete. I'm especially looking forward to the Warrior Dash towards the end of May as it will be my first "fit event" with le boyfriend. We've been wanting to do it for some time, but have just never been able to decide on a date and time. Well we're all signed up for it now, but before that, I have the Hero Rush. 4-5 miles designed entirely by firefighters! May God have mercy on my soul! I wont bore you with my list of activities as you'll be hearing about every single one of them as they occur! Get excited! 
Tonight's mini trail run was to a beautiful sight in West Virginia. It was nice to sit back and think of where I was a year ago today and where I am now. So many things have changed and I cant be more thankful for good health, family and friends. I couldn't be in a better environment these days :)


No comments:

Post a Comment