Wednesday, April 17, 2013

DAMN YOU SCUBA STEVE!

Disclaimer: I'm new to this whole blog thing, so please bare with me as I continue to write whatever comes to mind with no actual direction. Thanks mucho :)

I didn't get a very long run in today. Just 20 minutes since I promised a friend I'd join her at Zumba. I did intervals tonight pushing the hardest on the inclines. I REFUSE to let this hill kick my butt on Saturday. I did this same 5k last year and that hill left me traumatized. I have no problem with the distance, only that damn MILE long incline! I was so upset last year when i had to stop and walk it. I mean c'mon... i do about 5 miles almost daily. Why am i walking on a 5k?! Not this year. Nope! hmm well then again, I didn't have the same endurance then that i have now, but if I can just run that incline straight through from beginning to end, I will be happy. All week I've been pushing myself on inclines. Usually they're outdoor runs, but today i got stuck on a treadmill. Anyone that knows me, knows i HATE treadmills. It's just not the same and maybe I'm a little claustrophobic. Just a little! I prefer running outdoors, but although i hate treadmills, there is a positive to running on them: I can actually pace myself on a treadmill. That's honestly the biggest obstacle I face when I go out running. It's so hard for me to control my pace and keep it steady. I pretty much go straight into sprinting until i can't go anymore. I've gotten so much better with it, but being on the treadmill today helped me focus on my form so I could push further. So far so good, but this weekend will be the real test. Wish me luck!

Tonight's Fitness Goal: Own every incline!

No comments:

Post a Comment