Thursday, November 14, 2013

Incubus of Viral Plague

Clearly, running in the cold while sick is the best way to get better. My body is a basket full of lies and deceit! Let me tell you! By Sunday evening i was feeling pretty good. Maybe it was the work i put in at the gym or maybe i was just actually better?! Sure i was still a little congested, but nothing major. I was fine. Practically good as new. So what do i do? I wake up bright and early to start on my morning runs outside again. What better way than in 39 degree weather? At least i had on long sleeves. I am slowly making progress, i promise.Went ahead and ran a few miles then headed home to get ready for work. Oh man it felt AMAZING!! i missed my morning runs. I had taken up afternoon/evening runs(depending on the time i got home) for the last several months. I've always preferred morning runs, but waking up early was suddenly not as easy as i remembered it to be. This past Monday i was determined to start again and no one gets in my way when i make a decision to do something. So there i was feeling amazing and accomplished. Showered and headed to work. 
After work i met a friend out at Redskins Park for a Ladies Night event to include dinner and DRILLS!! That's right, we got to run some drills like the guys do at practice. Except we did it indoors. Even got to kick a few field goals. SUPER FUN. Met some players and alumni while we were at it too. So there went workout #2 of the day, but it was too much fun I could hardly consider that a workout. Same with running. I love it so much, it doesn't feel like a workout sometimes. sometimes! lol so after training at Redskins park, I decided swimming would be exactly what i needed to do. Went to the gym with one of the besties and did about 30 laps. Not bad. I was definitely pleased and pretty exhausted. I was mainly excited that i wouldn't be up until 2am from endorphins. This happens a lot with evening workouts. Instead i was practically falling asleep when relaxing in the hot tub. We decided to head out and call it a night. Which
brings me to Tuesday morning. Bright and early outside for another run. This time just under 5 miles. Now, temperature wise it was warmer than the day before, but if you were actually out there you would know it was MUCH colder and way windier! But hey, no pain no gain right? So there i go finishing my morning run. Got home to get ready for work when it all hit me. I do mean ALL... after just a couple hours of being at the office my throat was scratchy, eyes burning, couldn't stop sneezing and coughing. I could barely keep my head up because of the throbbing. I could feel the fever coming and my body was just shutting down. Hour by hour... i was coming to an end. Wasn't long before i was told to work from home the next day. I wasn't allowed back in the office. You know it's bad when your coworkers don't even want you there!
I come home to a very angry cousin. He's been staying with us for a while. Go figure ...he spent quite a few years as a nurse and let's just say i got chewed out pretty bad that evening. Something about I shouldn't have been working out when I wasn't fully recovered from whatever I had over the weekend and on top of that overdoing it. So he's had me on strict orders. Absolutely no working out until I'm better along with a few home remedies. I haven't been allowed out of the house, but I do feel sooo much better now. He said by Friday I should be ok to workout again and go back to my routine. Well, here I am all excited to go running tomorrow morning when he hits me with "nope. you're not ready. I'm glad you're 90% better, but i can tell you still have a sore throat so absolutely no running outside." I feel completely useless right now. That's prob why i'm able to post in the blog... because i haven't been able to do anything else!! :(
The pics are of the past shenanigans this week. I wouldn't recommend anyone put their bodies through this torture when they're sick. Definitely be smarter than me and give your body time to recover properly. Don't be stupid and stubborn like i am. I just feel so lost if i can't run! Well, until my next shenanigans... *sigh*



No comments:

Post a Comment