Tuesday, November 19, 2013

90 days - Beyond the Free Runs

Today is kind of an important day for me. It's significant in more ways than one. The main one being it's been exactly 3 months since I've been back. A whole 90 days. When you think about 90 days, it really doesn't seem like much time. I mean, how much can your life really change in 3 months, right? Well, not long ago i learned that EVERYTHING can change. Change isn't always a bad thing, though. This time around it's been pretty spectacular. 
3 months ago, giving up would've been too easy. To lose focus and wander off lost into a black hole... well that's just not my style. I tend to look for the most difficult methods and go that route. Don't ask me why because it usually comes back to bite me in the butt a lot. Except this time. This time I look back and think of where i was one August morning. How broken, lost and helpless I felt. Like everything i worked for was in vain and the life i once knew was a lie. How maybe it was all just some fantasy i  had created in my mind...
Today I look back on the last 3 months and see how much has changed. All the things I've accomplished and I don't just mean the half marathon. You know the story, how running saved my life. I don't need to go into it again, but there is more to my life than my wonderful Free Runs. Sure they make me happy, but so do other things. Maybe I don't always talk about them, but I do and have had some spectacular days. I've got a pretty busy schedule these days. Aside from the workouts and training, I have my family and friends. Those who love and encourage me to push harder and keep moving forward. Anything from beach trips, road trips, Starbucks dates, wine nights, painting classes, baking sessions, sports events, hiking, birthdays, wedding planning, sushi, smoothies, shopping, dancing, dressing up because we can, dancing in the rain, movie nights, DC tours, adventures and shenanigans. The list goes on and continues as life takes it's course. 
We had to put our dog(my puppy) down this past weekend and it was definitely one of my harder moments as I've never had to put any of my pets down before. It's a bit of an adjustment and we're also in the process of selling our home. There are just so many changes going on that sometimes i feel it's the most consistent/constant thing in my life. change...
I can't express my gratitude enough for the people that fought to keep a place in my life and heart. I know we all have our own problems to deal with and sometimes we forget about the little people, but i'm so very appreciative of those who didn't let me out of their sight. Knowing that I am loved and can make a positive difference in someone's day/life, is knowing that i have succeeded in this life. My work here is not done, though. I have plenty more adventures ahead of me and more lives to bring light to  :)


For now, though... i'll leave you with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment